Ten signs you’re living with a teenager
Before I get started, let me just preface this post by saying how much I love my dear, sweet Emma. She knows I do. I wouldn’t change her for all the money in the world, and although she’s now smack dab in her teenage years, she is still as lovely as ever and our relationship is happy and healthy.
That being said, she is now 14 years old. Hello, hormones! Jaime, guess what? You are officially the mother of a teenager.
For a little chuckle, or to take you back in time to your own adolescence, here are some of the tell-tale signs you’re living with a teenager.
Note: Because my teen is a girl, I’m talking about girly things here because that’s my reality. My son hasn’t reached his teens yet. I’ll let you know when we get there, or make a new list in a few years. To be continued! ;-)
Signs you’re living with a teenager…
1) Your daughter needs to voice her opinion on everything. EVERYTHING. Even if you’re actually talking to someone else, in another room.
2) She no longer likes the coat that you bought her just last spring (like, 6 months ago).
3) Your daughter is an encyclopedia. She knows EVERYTHING. She knows about all kinds of things.
4) She doesn’t want to miss anything. The second a conversation seems even the tiniest bit interesting, she’s there.
5) One minute, she wants to be by herself; the next, she’s cuddled up next to you.
6) She checks her Instagram and her texts multiple times a day.
7) She no longer understands this simple request: Could you please tidy your room?
8) When she wants something, she pulls out a list of arguments to help bolster her position.
9) Her favourite activity with her friends? Talking. Talking some more. Laughing a bit, then talking again. They always have something to tell one another, even after spending all day together at school.
10) Despite her quest for independence, sooner or later she will need you for something: a scrape, a worry, her homework… Once a mother, always a mother!
What would you add to this list?